Mexican Frittata with Black Beans and Rice
For a spicy dinner that's rich in nutrients, try this!
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 1/2 cup instant brown rice
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Mexican four-cheese blend (such as Sargento), shredded
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add the next six ingredients and mix well. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Heat oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture and cook for 3-5 minutes, until almost cooked through to the surface, frequently smoothing the top with the back of a large spoon.
- Place skillet under the broiler; cook for 1-2 minutes, until the top is done. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and return skillet to the broiler. Broil for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is golden. Slice into 4 equal wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per serving: 341 kcal cal., 9 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 673 mg sodium, 10 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 19 g pro., 198 mg calcium, 6 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet