Mixed Green Salad with Peaches & Blackberries in Champagne Vinaigrette
Summer salads that will impress your guests.
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound mixed greens
- 1 cup ripe peaches, diced
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the champagne vinegar and honey. While continuing to blend, slowly drizzle olive oil into the mixture until the dressing is smooth and emulsified. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste and set aside until ready to use. To make ahead, you can also store in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to 1 week.
- In a large stainless steel bowl, combine the mixed greens, peaches, blackberries and sliced almonds. Drizzle about 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette into the bowl and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently but thoroughly to combine, serve immediately on chilled salad plates.
- Recipes from Maris Callahan. Callahan is the author of In Good Taste. As an avid self-taught home cook she is especially passionate about helping women on-the-go cook healthy, delicious meals and snacks for themselves and their families.
Per serving: 119 kcal cal., 7 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 308 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 3 g pro., 49 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet