Mock Deep-Fried Chickpeas
This substantial snack provides all the crunchy satisfaction of chips, but offers protein, calcium and fiber too.
- 1 19 ounce can chickpeas, well drained, rinsed and patted dry
- Olive oil spray
- Coarse salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place chickpeas on a rimmed cookie sheet. Bake, shaking every now and then, until golden brown and crunchy, about 35-40 minutes.
- Pour into a large bowl. Lightly coat with olive-oil spray. Add salt, cayenne, garlic powder and oregano. Toss to coat evenly.
Per serving: 150 kcal cal., 1 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 514 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 6 g pro., 42 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet