Montel Williams' Strawberry Rhubarb Tart
Impress guests with this healthy strawberry rhubarb tart. You can make the filling and the shell in Montel Williams' HealthMaster..
- 1/2 cup butter substitute
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 5 rhubarb stalks, cleaned
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup agave
- 10 strawberries, sliced and hulled
- To make the tart shell, attach HealthMaster pitcher to base and rotate clockwise to lock in place. Place butter, sugar, almond extract, and flours into the pitcher. Secure and lock the lid and cap in place. Press ON button. Press RUN button. Increase the speed to 8 until mixture looks like course crumb. Add milk and egg, and blend until dough forms. Remove from the pitcher. Flour both sides of dough and roll out on a lightly floured counter until 1/4-inch thick. Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles. Place cutout circles into each cupcake pan cup to form 12 tart shells.
- To make strawberry rhubarb filling, preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sauce pot, cook rhubarb, water, cinnamon, lemon juice, and agave for 5 minutes on medium heat. Cool mixture. Attach HealthMaster pitcher to base and rotate clockwise to lock in place. Add rhubarb mixture, secure the lid and cap in place, and press ON button. Pulse 2 or 3 times.
- In a medium bowl, mix strawberries and rhubarb together. Divide batter evenly into each tart shell, filling each 2/3 full. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Use the Tamper as needed to assist in the blending process.
- Nutritional information is based on 12 servings.
Per serving: 183 kcal cal., 8 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 27 g carb., 1 g fiber, 18 g sugar, 2 g pro., 37 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet