Try this healthy, guilt-free rendition of crispy mozzarella sticks.
- Olive-oil cooking spray
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 ounces fat-free mozzarella cheese, sliced into 8 fingerlike strips
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with olive-oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Place egg whites and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Add mozzarella cheese to egg whites and turn to coat. Transfer to bread crumbs and turn to coat, gently pressing crumbs into cheese to cover completely. Arrange mozzarella sticks on prepared baking sheet and spray with olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise, ketchup, and horseradish together. Serve with warm mozzarella sticks.
Per serving: 176 kcal cal., 2 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 19 g carb., 2 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 22 g pro., 569 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet