Mushroom, Corn, and Black Bean Farro
This hearty grain dish from Chia, Quinoa, Kale, Oh My! will taste just as great with quinoa, barley, or freekeh.
- 1 cup farro
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 14 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lime
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine the farro and broth. Bring to a boil over high, then lower the heat to low and simmer until all the broth is absorbed.
- In a skillet over medium-low, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, cumin, corn, and salt and pepper to taste and cook until the mushrooms are soft, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked farro, mushroom mixture, black beans, cilantro, and lime juice, then toss. Serve warm or chill for an hour and serve cold.
Per serving: 319 kcal cal., 4.5 g fat) (58 g carb., 16 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet