Neapolitan Valentine Parfait
This cool and creamy dessert is dairy-free and packed with coconut, antioxidant-rich cacao, and raspberries.
- 2 cups coconut meat
- 1/4 cup and 1 1/3 cups maple syrup, separated
- 1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup and 3 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, separated
- 3/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder, separated
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Dark chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Place coconut meat, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, lime juice, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt in a blender and puree. Place half the vanilla cream in a bowl in the refrigerator and return half to the blender.
- Place 1 1/3 cup maple syrup, cacao powder, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil in the blender and puree.
- Layer vanilla cream, raspberry cream, and chocolate cream in two parfait cups. Garnish with raspberries, mint, and dark chocolate shavings.
- Adapted with permission from Raw & Juicy in Seaside, Florida
- Photo credit: Alissa Aryn Photography