No-Sugar-Added Banana Bread
Make this recipe on the weekend and have an easy on-the-go breakfast or snack all week. Feel free to add nuts or extra spices such as nutmeg if you'd like.
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour (or gluten-free flour of choice), plus more for pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, for pan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- With a hand mixer, beat together banana, oil, eggs, vanilla, and water until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Gradually add dry mixture to wet ingredients, beating well. Pour batter into a gently oiled and floured 9-by-5-inch loaf pan and spread evenly. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
- Recipe provided by blogger Andrea Drugay
Per serving: 246 kcal cal., 12 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 32 g carb., 4 g fiber, 6 g pro., 82 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet