Orange and Egg Salad
This combo might sound unusual, but it tastes delicious -- and it's even better with a fresh baguette.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 fennel bulb, fronds removed and outer husk trimmed away, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 black pepper
- Peel the eggs and cut them into quarters. Place them in a large, low-rimmed bowl.
- Add the fennel, oranges, oil, salt, and pepper, and mix gently.
- Adapted with permission from The Mediterranean Family Table by Angelo Acquista, M.D. with Laurie Anne Vandermolen (William Morrow, 2015)
- Photo credit: Liz Clayman