Orange-Fennel Shrimp and Millet
- 12 ounces raw shrimp, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked millet
- 2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced (about 1 cup), plus 1/4 cup fennel fronds (for garnish), chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with Old Bay seasoning and set aside. Place the millet in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven, add water, salt, 1 teaspoon oil, and 1 tablespoon orange juice. Top with fennel slices and shallot. Bring mixture to a boil, cover with a tight-fitting lid, lower heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp, and stir quickly to incorporate. Cover again and continue to cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through and millet is tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Add arugula to the pan, drizzle with remaining orange juice and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine and sprinkle with pecans and fennel fronds. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 344 kcal cal., 10 g fat (1.2 g sat. fat), 41 g carb., 6 g fiber, 24 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet