Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe and Roasted Tomatoes
Try these tiny pasta shells coated in a pungent sauce for dinner tonight.
- 1 28 ounce can whole plum tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more to oil baking sheet
- 10 ounces orecchiette or other small pasta shells
- 1 pound broccoli rabe (also known as rapini), washed well, cut into 2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground back pepper
- To roast tomatoes, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place tomatoes on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Roast for 90 minutes, turning after 45 minutes, until very soft and slightly blackened. Once cooled, chop tomatoes and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add crushed garlic and cook until slightly golden, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add broccoli rabe and raise heat to high. Cook, tossing constantly, until greens are just wilted, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, cooked pasta, reserved cooking liquid, red wine vinegar, and pepper. Toss well and serve promptly.
Per serving: 353 kcal cal., 5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 64 g carb., 7 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 14 g pro., 197 mg calcium, 7 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet