Oriental Chicken Salad with Mandarin Dressing
- 2 (4-ounce) grilled chicken breasts
- 4 mandarin oranges, seeded, peeled, and segmented
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Tear chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Add oranges, sesame seeds, cranberries, sesame oil, and vinegar. Toss to combine.
- Place 2 cups spinach in each of two serving bowls and top each with 1/2 cup quinoa. Spoon equal amounts of chicken and fruit mixture over each. Serve chilled.
- Excerpted from The Power Bowl Recipe Book: 140 Nutrient-Rich Dishes for Mindful Eating by Britt Brandon. Used by permission of the publisher, Adams Media, a division of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
Per serving: 613 kcal cal., 27 g fat) (49.6 g carb., 9.9 g fiber, 18.3 g sugar, 44.9 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet