Overnight Cinnamon Brown Rice Chia Seed Pudding
Combining chia seeds with leftover brown rice creates a healthy no-cook take on a classic dessert.
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- 1/4 cup berries (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together rice, chia seeds, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and honey. Cover and let sit overnight in the refrigerator. In the morning, mix pudding again and top with walnuts and berries, if desired.
- Recipe by Sara Tenenbein
Per serving: 393 kcal cal., 18 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 50 mg sodium, 10 g fiber, 8.5 g pro., 174 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet