Overnight Cookie Dough Oats
If you're looking to up your protein at breakfast, Greek yogurt is the way to go. It contains more than twice the protein - and less sugar and sodium - than traditional yogurt.
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Nuts (optional)
- Granola (optional)
- Fruit (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk together yogurt, milk, and sugar; stir in rolled oats and chia seeds.
- Refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and add toppings if desired.
- Recipe provided by Kristen Smith of 360 Family Nutrition.
Per serving: 267 kcal cal., 4 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 224 mg sodium, 33 g sugar, 13 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet