Peach and Strawberry Crumble
Try this no-fuss, healthy dessert!
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground arrowroot
- 1 pound strawberries, halved
- 1 1/2 pounds peaches peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, chilled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- Whisk together lemon juice and arrowroot until smooth. Add fruit and 1/2 cup of the brown sugar. Gently toss until coated. Pour fruit mixture into prepared pan.
- In a food processor, combine flour, oats, almonds, remaining brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse until mixed. Add butter and pulse until pea-size.
- Sprinkle mixture over filling and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and top is golden. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Spoon into bowls and serve with ice cream.
- Nutritional information includes 1 tablespoon of butter for the pan.
Per serving: 539 kcal cal., 25 g fat (13 g sat. fat), 81 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 45 g sugar, 9 g pro., 112 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet