Peach Basil Iced Tea
About 85 percent of the tea in American is consumed iced. But there's no need to add piles of sugar for sweetness - use fresh herbs and naturally sweet fruit instead.
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced
- 8 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar (Stevia, honey or maple syrup could also work here)
- 2 large tea bags
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
- For the peach puree: Combine the sliced peaches, 1 cup water and sugar into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cool, puree using an immersion blender or high-powered blender.
- Bring the remaining 7 cups of water to a boil.
- Place the tea bags and basil leaves into a large pitcher and pour the boiling water over. Steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and basil leaves.
- Stir in the peach puree and serve over ice.
- Recipe provided by Alex Caspero, R.D., of Delish Knowledge.
Per serving: 21 kcal cal., 0 g fat) (5 g carb., 5 g sugar, 0 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet