Pesto Baked Chicken
You can't ask for a simpler weeknight recipe with only 4 easy to find ingredients. Serve with a side of brown rice or whole wheat pasta and vegetables for a well-balanced meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened
- 4 teaspoons prepared or homemade basil pesto http://www.eleatnutrition.com/recipes/basil-pesto
- 4 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 - 4 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Flatten chicken breasts (about 1-inch thickness) and place in casserole dish (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray).
- Spread 1 teaspoon basil pesto sauce on each chicken breast. Bake (uncovered) for about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven, add thinly sliced tomato and 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese to each chicken breast. Place back in oven for about 5-7 minutes (until cheese is melted).
- Recipe by Angie Asche, R.D., of Eleat Sports Nutrition.
Per serving: 150 kcal cal., 4 g fat (1.5 g sat. fat), 150 mg sodium, 25 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet