Philly Cheese Steaks
This lightened up Philadelphia specialty is terrific comfort food. Meaty, cheesy and great with cold beer.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound lean flank steak, cut into 8 thin slices
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 reduced-calorie hot dog buns
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add onion and saute until tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove onion from pan; set aside.
- Add steak to skillet and saute until browned and cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Divide steak evenly between buns and top with onion and cheese. Wrap in foil, transfer to oven and bake until cheese melts, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 272 kcal cal., 8 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 21 g carb., 3.5 g fiber, 31 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet