Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms
These stuffed mushrooms make an impressive party appetizer for holiday entertaining. Pimento cheese has just the bold flavor needed to complement baby bella (AKA cremini) mushrooms.
- 1 8 ounce tub pimento cheese, softened (I like Zoes Fresh Takes pimento cheese)
- 1 8 ounce package whole baby bella mushrooms, washed, dried and stems removed and reserved
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Greek seasoning, to taste
- Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the stems that you have removed from the baby bella mushrooms into a fine dice.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a small nonstick skillet. Add onion, chopped mushroom stems and garlic and cook until mushroom stem pieces are tender and have begun to shrink and onion and garlic are fragrant and translucent. Stir in a generous sprinkle of the Greek seasoning, to taste.
- Remove from heat and mix with pimento cheese in a small bowl.
- Place mushroom caps in a baking dish stem side up 1-2 inches apart. 6. Stuff each cap with an even amount of the pimento cheese mixture.
- Stuff each cap with an even amount of the pimento cheese mixture.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes until heated through and mushrooms are tender and cheese is beginning to melt. Let cool slightly and transfer to a serving tray and garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
- Recipe provided by Sarah-Jane Bedwell, R.D.
Per serving: 110 kcal cal., 9 g fat (3.5 g sat. fat), 115 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 5 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet