Plum and Hemp Crumble
This creamy meets crunchy concoction gets a healthy revamp with the addition of rolled oats and hemp seeds. Plus, with a generous serving of plums, you get a fruity bite with every spoonful.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup light-brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut up and divided
- 2 pounds plums, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons port
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground lemon zest
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, pecans, oats, hemp seeds, 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a bowl.
- Add 4 tablespoons of the butter and use the tips of your fingers to fully incorporate.
- Squeeze some of the mixture into clumps.
- Stir together the plums, port, lemon zest, the remaining teaspoon of salt in a bowl.
- Transfer the plums (cut-side up) and any liquid to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Top with remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and crumble topping.
- Bake, until the top is golden-brown, and the juices are bubbling, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
- Recipe provided by Charlyne Mattox, author of Cooking with Seeds.
Per serving: 370 kcal cal., 19 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 115 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 31 g sugar, 6 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet