Pomegranate and Grilled Peach Summer Dessert
Grilling enhances peaches' sweetness, which is balanced here by tart yogurt and pomegranate seeds. Don't overlook some cool mint to top it all off and add a pop of color and flavor.
- 2 peaches, halved and pitted
- 4 teaspoons manuka honey blend (or honey)
- 1 cup hulled and quartered strawberries
- 1 - 2 tablespoons plain, full-fat yogurt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeded, for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Brush peaches with manuka honey and place cut-side down on a grill or grilling pan. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes. Plate with strawberries.
- Mix yogurt in a bowl with cinnamon, vanilla, and raw honey. Spoon generous dollops on fruit. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and garnish with mint.
- Recipe provided by ScandiFoodie.com
Per serving: 184 kcal cal., 1 g fat) (9 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 3 g pro., 36 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet