Potato and Canadian Bacon Chowder
This rich, chunky chowder is extremely satisfying. Lean Canadian bacon gives it great flavor without much fat.
- 2 cups 1/2-inch cube uncooked potatoes
- 1 large uncooked carrot(s), diced
- 1 cup chopped uncooked leeks, white part only
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces uncooked Canadian-style bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fat free evaporated milk
- 2 ounces fat-free half-and-half
- In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, carrots, leek, garlic, broth, barley, bay leaf, thyme, pepper, and bacon; cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in evaporated milk and half-and-half; heat through, uncovered, about 10 minutes.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 173 kcal cal., 1.5 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 699 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 10 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet