Potato-Avocado Personal Pizza
This pizza could literally put your delivery guy out of business. It's simple to make and you can improv with whatever veggies you have left over from the farmers' market that week. Roasted potatoes give it grounding substance to keep you feeling satiated, and the avocado and nutritional yeast combo give you creamy deliciousness without the cheese.
- 1 udi's gluten free pizza crust
- 1 avocado
- 1 small potato
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup basil pesto (or make your own with my recipe below)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 red onion, sauteed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic gomasio (sesame seeds with garlic and salt)
For the pesto:
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup macadamia nut oil (Can also use olive oil if macadamia nut oil isn't available)
- 3/4 cup cannellini beans
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Take your pie crust out of the freezer and let it come down to room temperature. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice small potato into thin rounds and toss them into a small mixing bowl with sesame oil and gomasio (or just some sea salt and garlic) and place them onto a baking sheet and into the oven once it's at 375 degrees . Let them roast as you prepare the rest of the toppings.
- Slice half of a red onion and place into a saucepan with a little EVOO to brown them. Cook them until they brown and become flimsy and them place them aside for now. If you're using a store bought organic basil-pesto spread it generously across the bottom of your pizza crust
- For the pesto, throw all the ingredients into a food processor then scoop it out and spread it across the crust.
- Add arugula. Rip up arugula into smaller pieces - feel free to pile it high as it will diminish when you put pizza back in the over.
- Remove potatoes one they start crisping on the edges and place them over the arugula, next take your sauteed onions and place them on top of the potatoes.
- Slice avocado and delicately place them along the top of the pizza and finish by sprinkling them with your nutritional yeast. Place the entire pizza on a baking sheet and into the oven for 5-7 minutes or till the crust starts to brown. Let it cool and enjoy!
- Recipe provided by Cassandra Bodzak
Per serving: 682 kcal cal., 41 g fat) (68 g carb., 27 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 23 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet