Forget carb-heavy, waist-busting flapjacks! These pancakes are full of high-quality protein from the egg whites, a smart choice if you're looking to lose weight or rev your system. They're also gluten-free and a cinch to put together.
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Generously coat a skillet with nonstick oil spray and warm over medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the mixture onto the skillet to make either 1 jumbo pancake or 5 small pancakes. Cook until you see small bubbles forming, 2 to 3 minutes for jumbo pancake or 1 to 2 for small pancakes. Then flip the pancake(s) over and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Recipe courtesy of From Junk Food To Joy Food: All the Foods You Love to Eat...Only Better by Joy Bauer, M.S., R.D.N., C.D.N
Per serving: 270 kcal cal.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet