Puff Pastry Apple Roses
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 Red Delicious apple
- 1 Pink Lady apple
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 Golden Delicious apple
- Cooking spray
- 2 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 6 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a medium bowl, mix lemon juice and 1 cup water. Halve and core apples, cut into paper-thin slices, and add to bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Lightly flour your work space and coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Using a rolling pin, stretch the puff pastry. Cut into twelve 2-by-9-inch rectangles.
- In a small bowl, stir together the apricot preserves and remaining 1/4 cup water. Microwave for 1 minute. Coat puff pastry strips with mixture. Drain the apple slices and arrange them horizontally, overlapping, across the top halves of dough strips. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Fold the bottom halves of the dough strips up over apple slices, then roll each into a small cylinder.
- Place rosettes into the prepared muffin tin. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool, and dust tops with confectioners' sugar.
- Created by Jennifer Paul, executive pastry chef at Canoe in Atlanta
Per serving: 228 kcal cal., 10 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 145 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 3 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet