Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Pumpkin and chocolate. Need we say more? Decadent, moist, and full of spices, this bread is the ultimate fall dessert made with all things delicious and in-season.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup dark or light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (or 1 3/4 cooked pumpkin puree)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Whisk butter with sugar. Add eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition. Add pureed pumpkin and combine well.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg) in a small bowl. Gently sift dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into wet, incorporating until well combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Do not over mix, or dough will be too tough.
- Lightly grease an 8- or 9-inch loaf pan or two smaller loaf pans with nonstick spray and lightly flour. Add dough. Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake bread on middle rack for about 45 minutes until top is golden brown and loaf is a bit firm to the touch. Remove from heat, and allow loaf to cool before handling. Slice with a serrated knife. Serve with pumpkin butter, butter, or all by its delicious self.
- Recipe provided by Candace Kumai.
Per serving: 190 kcal cal., 7 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 31 g carb., 2 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 16 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet