Pumpkin Spiced Gnocchi
These light little pillows of pumpkin are perfect for fall or winter celebrations. Finish these rich bites of gnocchi with fresh sage and Parmesan Reggiano cheese. You can freeze leftovers in a resealable bag for up to six months.
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for shaping
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- Place pumpkin in a medium mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, mix in egg yolks and then sift in 1 cup flour. Add nutmeg and salt and fold together. Sift in remaining 1 cup flour and gently fold in until just combined. Take extra care not to over-mix so dough doesn't get overworked. Using your hands, form dough into a ball.
- Liberally flour your work surface and place dough on it. Divide dough ball into six equal pieces. Flour your hands and roll each piece into a 3/4-inch-wide rope. Using a pizza cutter, bench knife, or butter knife, slice rope crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide pieces. Transfer gnocchi to a floured rimmed baking sheet and repeat rolling and slicing remaining dough.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add about 20 gnocchi. Boil until gnocchi float up to the surface, about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove gnocchi from water and place in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with more sea salt, if desired. Repeat with remaining gnocchi.
- Serve topped with sage and Parmesan-Reggiano.
- Recipe courtesy of Candice Kumai.
Per serving: 362 kcal cal., 12 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 53 g carb., 4 g fiber, 10 g pro., 105 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet