This moist, naturally sweet dessert has a good amount of protein and is a feast for the eyes, but the rich icing steals the show. Add sugar to the batter if you prefer sweeter cakes.
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 445 degrees. Combine cabbage and oats in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse sand. Add egg, applesauce, and cinnamon, and process until just combined. Pour batter into an 8-inch square baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- While the cake is baking, stir together cream cheese and Greek yogurt. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Recipe provided by Elise Porcelli of FitnessTreats.com
Per serving: 136 kcal cal., 4 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 89 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 9 g pro., 79 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet