Raisin Bran Muffins
Our healthier-version of this classic muffin is a reminder that homemade really is best. Swap in chopped walnuts for the raisins, if you like.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup uncooked wheat bran
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup softened regular butter
- 2/3 cup unpacked light brown sugar, or turbindo sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, wheat bran, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl, cream butter with sugar until sugar is dissolved; add egg and beat thoroughly. Add 1/3 of bran mixture and 1/3 cup of buttermilk; mix until just combined. Repeat, alternating, with remaining bran mixture and buttermilk; fold in raisins.
- Fill each prepared muffin hole about 2/3's full with batter; place in middle of oven. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm or cooled.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 156 kcal cal., 4.5 g fat (2.5 g sat. fat), 28 g carb., 3 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 0 mg calcium, 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet