Raw Butternut Squash Pasta with Orange Pomegranate Sauce
Slightly bold and surprisingly moist and tender, raw butternut squash makes for a sweet yet healthy dinner.
- 2 - 3 small butternut squash (about 2 to 3 pounds total)
- 4 navel oranges, peeled, sliced, and seeds removed
- 2 pomegranates, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel squash and slice off ends. Spiralize squash starting with thin end. (If you do not have a spiralizer, use a food processor to grate squash into thin pieces or grate by hand. The texture will resemble more of a coleslaw than a pasta but taste just as delicious.)
- Chop remaining ingredients into fine pieces in a food processor. Mix with noodles.
- Recipe provided by Teri Leventhal
Per serving: 293 kcal cal., 2 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 70 g carb., 14 g fiber, 6 g pro., 190 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet