Raw Sugar Snap Pea Soup
Beat the spring and summer heat by pureeing seasonal sugar snap peas and herbs into a delicious, no-cook soup. Not only is this dish nutritious and incredibly easy to make, but it's really pretty to look at! Serve it to dinner guests on occasions where you really want to impress.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, divided
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- Add chicken stock, cashews and garlic to a blender and blend until smooth. Add lime juice, mint, cilantro and sugar snap peas, reserving 6 pods. Blend on high until the soup is pureed.
- Force the soup through a fine strainer into a large bowl, discarding any solids. Season with salt and pepper.
- If serving immediately, add four ice cubes to the soup and stir until chilled.
- Thinly slice the 6 pods on the diagonal. Divide the sliced sugar snap peas amongst the four bowls, then pour the soup on top. Garnish with fresh cilantro or mint.
- Make your own chicken stock to ensure this soup fits the criteria for clean eating.
- Recipe and photo provided by Caroline Chambers.
Per serving: 123 kcal cal., 4 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 18 g carb., 3 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 7 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet