Raw Zoodles with Lemony Avocado Pesto
Vegetables like zucchini make for a great pasta alternative, and an even better excuse to break out that spiralizer you haven't used yet. Top with a light and creamy avocado and pine nut pesto that takes less than 5 minutes to blend, and you've got a filling, nutritious low-carb meal.
- 2 zucchini, spiralized or shredded
- 1/2 avocado, peeled
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Make the zoodles using a spiralizer, grater, or food processor with the grater attachment and set aside
- Make the pesto in a food processor or blender by combining all the remaining ingredients until well-blended, scraping the sides as needed.
- Mix the pesto into the zucchini noodles and top with additional pine nuts if desired. Add fresh-ground black pepper to taste.
- Recipe and photo provided by EA Stewart, R.D., of Spicy RD Nutrition.
Per serving: 191 kcal cal., 8 g fat) (28 g carb., 13 g sugar, 9 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet