Red Chili-Flaked Shrimp with Herbed Garbanzo Beans
This recipe looks impressive but comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 15 ounce cans no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic, pressed, divided
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place beans in a baking pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoons olive oil. Add 2 cloves garlic and salt and pepper to taste, mixing so beans are well coated. Bake 4 minutes, toss again to turn beans over, and bake another 4 minutes. Remove from oven, add shrimp, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, remaining garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and more ground pepper to taste. Stir liberally. Return to oven for 10 to 12 minutes until bubbling slightly. Remove from oven and top with fresh parsley. Toss everything together and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Recipe provided by WearFlatsToDinner.com
Per serving: 382 kcal cal., 12 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 696 mg sodium, 9 g fiber, 28 g pro., 163 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet