Red Wine-Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, honey, egg white, 3/4 cup sugar, and 2 tablespoons red wine until smooth. Add to dry mixture and stir until the dough comes together. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Place 1 1/2-teaspoon rounds of dough, 2 inches apart, onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until set and dry on top, about 10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, bring remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1 cup wine to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Cook until syrupy and reduced, about 7 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy and smooth. Slowly stream in the wine syrup until incorporated and smooth, scraping the bowl as needed. Transfer frosting to a resealable plastic bag or a piping bag fitted with a tip, then pipe frosting on top of cookies.
- Recipe by Genevieve Ko.
Per serving: 86 kcal cal., 5 g fat (2.2 g sat. fat), 33 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 1 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet