Rice Noodles With Shrimp, Tahini, and Citrusy Herb Salad
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice plus 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups mixed herbs, such as cilantro, parsley, dill, and mint
- 2 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together tahini, garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and water. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots have softened but not quite browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are bright pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add lime zest along with reserved noodles (rinse them again with cold water if they have clumped up) and season once more with salt and pepper. Toss to warm through, 2 to 3 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss herbs with sesame seeds and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer noodles and shrimp to a serving dish. Drizzle with tahini sauce and top with herb salad.
Per serving: 475 kcal cal., 16 g fat (2.3 g sat. fat), 332 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 28 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet