Rigatoni with Sweet Bell Peppers
Chunks of red and yellow pepper lend a delicious sweetness to the sauce for this dish. Add some crushed red pepper flakes for spice.
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 large yellow peppers, chopped
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes, plum with juice
- 1 small uncooked onion, yellow chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. or to taste
- 12 ounces uncooked rigatoni, cooked and kept hot
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add peppers; saute until slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Cover pan and allow to cook until softened, stirring a few times, about 3 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes, onion, parsley, garlic, and basil; stir, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes; season to taste. Serve sauce over pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 286 kcal cal., 3.5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 54 g carb., 4 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 10 g pro., 11 mg calcium, 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet