Roast Salmon with Broccoli Rabe and Quinoa
- 2 2 ounces portions of wild salmon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, washed, stalks trimmed and split lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add salmon, seasoned with sea salt, and sear on one side for 3 minutes. Flip over, sear other side for 1 more minute, then remove from pan.
- Place on baking tray and place in oven for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Drain excess oil from skillet, heat skillet again. Add remaining olive oil and saute garlic for 1 minute.
- Turn heat down to medium. Place broccoli rabe in pan, add 1/4 cup water, cover, and steam for 2 minutes.
- Serve greens with salmon on top. Serve quinoa as a side dish.
Per serving: 315 kcal cal., 20 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 23 g carb., 5 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 13 g pro., 126 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet