Roasted Cauliflower & Walnuts with Yogurt-Cumin Dressing
- 1 head purple cauliflower
- 1 head orange cauliflower
- 1 head green cauliflower
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces walnuts (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cumin, toasted and ground
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 ounces buttermilk
- 1 pound wild arugula
- 4 ounces kasseri cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees . When hot, preheat a sheet pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut cauliflower into florets. In a large bowl, toss with 5 tablespoons olive oil, a pinch of salt, and black pepper to taste. Add to hot sheet pan and cook for 22 minutes, stirring halfway through. Set bowl aside.
- Lower heat to 350 degrees . On a small sheet pan, roast walnuts until fragrant and shiny, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and set aside to cool.
- To a small bowl, add yogurt, cumin, lemon juice and zest, buttermilk, and 1 teaspoon salt; stir to combine.
- In the large reserved bowl, combine cauliflower, walnuts, and half the yogurt dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide remaining yogurt among four plates and then place 1/4 of the cauliflower-walnut mixture on each.
- Wipe out bowl and add arugula; toss with a pinch of salt and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Top each plate with 1/4 of the arugula. Use a vegetable peeler to shave cheese over each plate.
- Recipe by Dominic Rice, the executive chef of Calissa in Water Mill, New York.
Per serving: 441 kcal cal., 34 g fat (7.9 g sat. fat), 24 g carb., 9 g fiber, 17 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet