Roasted Chicken with Artichokes, Peppers, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Using canned artichokes helps speed up prep time, which is only 10 minutes! When shopping, look for canned artichokes packed in water and don't forget to rinse your canned goods before using. Studies have shown that rinsing canned goods before using can reduce the sodium content by as much as 40 percent!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, sliced into half moons
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (with skin on)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 2 roasted red peppers, jarred in water, sliced thin
- 1 14 ounce can quartered artichokes packed in water or frozen
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon juiced (about 3 tablespoons lemon juice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a large baking dish (about 9x11) with cooking spray. Spread sliced onions on bottom of baking dish and place chicken breasts on top.
- Using your hands, massage garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, and sun-dried tomatoes with oil on chicken breasts, making sure to coat under skin as well. Use additional olive oil as needed to make sure the chicken is well coated and moist. Spread red peppers and artichoke hearts around chicken.
- Whisk together wine and lemon juice and pour over chicken and vegetables. Season with freshly ground pepper as desired.
- Recipe provided by Jessica Fishman Levinson, founder of Nutritioulicious.
Per serving: 413 kcal cal., 21 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 12 g carb., 4 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 43 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet