Roasted Chickpea and Broccoli Burrito
Say goodbye to Chipotle! This hearty, protein-packed burrito recipe will be your new Mexican go-to.
- 2 15 ounce cans no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large crown (about 1 pound) broccoli, chopped
- 3 olive oil
- 1 - 2 low-sodium soy sauce, tamari sauce, or Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 2 chili powder
- 1 ground cumin
- 1 smoked paprika
- 1/2 ground coriander
- Black pepper or cayenne pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place chickpeas, onion, pepper, and broccoli in a large bowl. Pour in oil and soy sauce, and stir. Add spices and black or cayenne pepper to taste. Mix until vegetables are covered.
- Place on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Add garlic and bake for another 15 minutes. (Broccoli will look a little burnt at this point, but that is the plan.)
- Squeeze lime juice over vegetables and stir. Place in tortillas and wrap up.
- Recipe provided by ThugKitchen
Per serving: 301 kcal cal., 9 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 45 g carb., 10 g fiber, 10 g pro., 58 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet