Roasted Delicata Squash With Fennel, Pistachios, and Pomegranate
- 3 medium delicata squash (2 1/2 pounds), trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch rounds, and seeded
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 orange
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 small bulb fennel
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons shelled, roasted, and salted pistachios, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . Place squash on a half sheet pan lined with foil. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread rings in a single layer. Roast until tender and bottoms are browned, about 20 minutes.
- Zest half the orange half into a medium bowl. Squeeze in 2 tablespoons juice from the orange. Add the vinegar, maple syrup, coriander, and a pinch each of salt and pepper and whisk until combined. Whisk while adding the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a steady stream. Pluck fronds from the fennel and reserve. Halve the bulb, core, and slice thinly.
- Transfer squash to a serving dish and drizzle with half the orange dressing. Add fennel to the remaining dressing and toss to coat. Top squash with fennel, pomegranate seeds, and pistachios. Garnish with parsley and reserved fronds.
Per serving: 235 kcal cal., 17 g fat (2.4 g sat. fat), 19 g carb., 6 g fiber, 5 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet