Roasted Pepper Basil Pesto Sauce from Montel Williams
This roasted pepper basil pesto sauce is simple to make, and makes a perfect topping for focaccia or pasta!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 roasted pepper, seeded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces piece romano cheese
- Add all ingredients in a blender. Pulse until well-blended.
Per serving: 184 kcal cal., 17 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 3 g carb., 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 7 g pro., 170 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet