Roasted Vegetables with Chocolate Nibs
Eating vegetables is way more fun when there's chocolate involved. You'll be surprised how well the cocoa nibs complement the cauliflower, butternut squash, and zucchini medley in this low-calorie dinner recipe.
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil cooking spray
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash (cut into 1/2-inch-thick pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped leeks kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chocolate nibs (available at specialty food stores)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated pecorino cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place coconut oil in a bowl and warm in microwave for about 15 seconds or until thin. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the butternut squash, pepper, zucchini, cauliflower, and leeks to the bowl with the oil. Toss to coat and season lightly with salt. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, stir, then cook for 20 minutes more.
- Remove vegetables from oven and immediately scatter chocolate nibs across top; using a spatula, stir to combine. When cooled slightly, sprinkle cheese evenly over top. Divide among four plates and serve.
Per serving: 113 kcal cal., 6 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 78 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 4 g pro., 65 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet