Root Vegetable Lasagna
- 1 cup diced parsnips
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for pan
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup loosely packed basil, julienned
- 2 cups chopped broccoli tops (dark-green parts only)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 large sweet potato, very thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Toss parsnips and carrots with rosemary, garlic, 2 tablespoons oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a high-speed blender or a food processor; add water. Puree until thick and smooth; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together ricotta, oregano, lemon zest and juice, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl stir together the broccoli, panko, cheese, and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- In an 8-inch square pan, drizzle a thin layer of olive oil. Place a quarter of the sweet potato slices in the bottom, letting them overlap slightly. Add a layer of half the herbed ricotta, another layer of a quarter of the sweet potatoes, the parsnip and carrot puree, another quarter of the sweet potatoes, the remaining herbed ricotta, and the remaining sweet potatoes. Add a thick layer of the broccoli crumble.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 55 minutes. Remove foil; continue to bake until broccoli is crisp and browned, about 15 minutes more.
- Recipe by Ali LaRaia, the chef and cofounder at The Sosta in New York City
Per serving: 495 kcal cal., 30 g fat (10 g sat. fat), 517 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 21 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet