Saigon Beef with Noodles
This protein-packed meal is ready in just 15 minutes.
- 10 ounces uncooked Chinese noodles (mein)
- 2 teaspoons roasted peanut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound top round, trimmed of fat and sliced against the grain into thin strips
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, thinly shredded
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Boil a large pot of water. Add Chinese noodles and cook for 3 minutes, until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, set wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil and swirl to coat pan. Add garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add beef and stir-fry for 3 minutes, until browned on all sides, stirring constantly. Add 1/2 cup of water and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide noodles among 4 dinner plates. Top with lettuce and then beef mixture. Sprinkle peanuts over top and serve.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 644 kcal cal., 38 g fat (8 g sat. fat), 44 g carb., 4 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 34 g pro., 60 mg calcium, 6 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet