You'll have leftover saladita after making this recipe.
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons very finely minced poblano chile
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons very finely minced red onion
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 large cucumbers, preferably English seedless
- 2 medium firm, but ripe, avocados
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients (corn through cilantro) and mix well. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator at least one hour before using.
- Meanwhile, prepare cucumbers: Peel (if not using English seedless) and cut in half lengthwise. With a small pointed teaspoon, scrape out and discard seeds.
- About 15 minutes before serving, remove corn bean saladita from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature. Dice avocados and stir them in gently. Add pepper to taste.
- Fill each cucumber half with about 1/3 cup saladita. Garnish with feta and serve cold or at room temperature.
- Can't Find...fresh corn? Try cooled, diced roasted fingerling potatoes...cherry tomatoes? Try chopped orange bell peppers
Per serving: 368 kcal cal., 21 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 40 g carb., 13 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 12 g pro., 129 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet