Sautéed Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes with Pan-Fried Pastured Eggs
Farm-fresh eggs and in-season veggies make this a meal you'll want to wake up for.
- 1 tablespoon coconut or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/8 small red or yellow onion, diced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, stems removed
- Sea salt
- Granulated garlic
- Crushed red pepper
- Turmeric powder
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet set over medium heat. When hot (about 2 minutes), add eggs and cook to desired level of doneness. Set aside in a bowl.
- Raise heat to medium-high and add onion to the pan. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until translucent and just beginning to brown. Add zucchini and cook another 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients to taste. Pour vegetables on top of eggs and serve immediately.
- Recipe provided by Elaina Newton of TheRisingSpoon.com
Per serving: 300 kcal cal., 24 g fat (15 g sat. fat), 8 g carb., 2 g fiber, 15 g pro., 84 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet