Savory Italian Chicken Sausage Stew
This savory one-pot meal is a breeze to make. Just toss the ingredients in a slow cooker, set it and come home to a warming, satisfying meal.
- 1 pound uncooked Yukon gold potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 cups store bought marinara sauce
- 9 ounces cooked Italian-styled chicken sausages, cut into bite-size chunks
- 3 cups cap sliced fresh shiitake mushroom, (about 3 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or basil
- Combine all ingredients, except parsley, in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat until potatoes are tender, about 6 hours.
- Stir in parsley or basil and season to taste, if desired.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 290 kcal cal., 8 g fat (1.5 g sat. fat), 964 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 10 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet