Savory Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more as needed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound frozen shrimp (21-25 count), peeled
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat the Instant Pot by selecting Saute and adjusting to high heat. When the inner cooking pot is hot, add the butter and heat until it foams. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the onion, tomatoes, oregano, and salt, and stir to combine.
- Add the frozen shrimp.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Manual or Pressure Cook and adjust the pressure to Low. Cook for 1 minute. When the cooking is complete, quick-release the pressure. Unlock the lid.
- Mix the shrimp in with the lovely tomato broth.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly. Right before serving, sprinkle with the feta cheese, olives, and parsley. This dish makes a soupy broth, so it's great over mashed cauliflower.
- Recipe from The Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Urvashi Pitre.
Per serving: 361 kcal cal., 22 g fat) (13 g carb., 2 g fiber, 30 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet