Shaved Brussel Sprouts Salad
Whip up this simple salad in less than 10 minutes when you're craving a healthy crunch bursting with flavor. Between the Brussels sprouts, pecans, grapes, and celery, it racks up 5 grams of fiber per serving.
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts shredded
- 10 pecan halves
- 6 - 10 seedless grapes
- 1 - 2 celery stalks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 fresh basil leaf
- Chop off the bottoms of Brussels sprouts.
- Shred them and arrange on plate, a mandoline works best.
- Add pecans.
- Thinly slice grapes and add.
- Thinly slice celery and add.
- Combine olive oil and vinegar into small dish and whisk briskly. Add shredded basil and pour over salad and serve.
- Recipe provided by Lisa Johnson from TrueFoodMovement.com
Per serving: 287 kcal cal., 26 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 56 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 4 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet